- 1st analogue re-issue since original release
- Considered a genre defining album for City Pop & AOR in Japan
- Hiroshi Sato started his career as a keyboardist for Tin Pan Alley (a group of studio musicians led by Haruomi Hosono)
- Comes with a lyrics/credits insert and a liner notes insert
- Single Jacket with Obi Strip
- Remastered by original sound engineer Mitsuo Koike
- Cutting engineer – Bernie Grundman
- Pressed in 180g vinyl
- Limited Pressing
“Awakening” is Sato’s 4th solo album. The sounds were constructed on the very first drum machine the Linn LM-1. Sato programmed the sounds himself and played all instruments except for guitar (guest musicians included Tatsuro Yamashita and Tsunehide Matsuki). This album is considered his best work and a masterpiece of Japanese AOR and city pop. Sato recalled later as that this was his “1st true solo album”.
Hiroshi Sato started his career as a keyboardist for Tin Pan Alley. Which was was a group of studio musicians led by Haruomi Hosono. Sato had played on various albums with Hosono including his “Tropical Trilogy” albums. Sato was even asked by Hosono to join Yellow Magic Orchestra which he turned down (the spot ended up being filled by Ryuichi Sakamoto).