Home You Know What They’ll Say
You Know What They’ll Say
One Way Ticket
- The Spliffs -”45 rpm EP from 1986 reissued for the first time ever
- An Australian powerpop killer & D.I.Y-nugget – Original 45 is rare and highly in demand
- Deluxe reissue
- Printed innersleeve filled with rare photos
- Liner notes by Ric Menck (of Velvet Crush, Matthew Sweet and Ugly Things fame)
- Carefully restored and remastered sound
- Colored vinyl (orange), Limited 500 copies.
1980’s Australia was a blistering inferno of totally great powerpop, garage- and punkrock bands. Hoodoo Gurus, Stems and Lime Spiders were on top of their game and labels like Waterfront and Citadel put out albums and 45’s that any serious music aficionado would die for.
The Spliffs formed in Townsville, a small city on the northeastern coast of Queensland in Australia. In 1986 they unleashed their debut 45. Recorded all by themselves and released DIY style they got some rave reviews and got to play Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane opening for The Saints and Hoodoo Gurus. Their debut single is fab jangly 80’s powerpop right up there with Plimsouls or The Nerves.
Housed in a deluxe picture sleeve that comes with a printed inner sleeve filled with many rare and previously unpublished photos plus an interview with The Spliffs main man and guitar-slinger Jamie Forsberg conducted by power pop guru Ric Menck. Orange color vinyl.
File under: ”beyond essential to any serious rock’n’roll, powerpop, garage and punk fan”.
Sweden’s One Way Ticket Records is a sister label to On The Dole Records who gave you “Jobcentre Rejects” (and more) and to Sweet Mental Revenge Records who gave you Rodger Wilhoit. OWT is also a sub-division of Stora Skivmässan – Scandinavia’s biggest record fairs