Wamono Disco - Nippon Columbia Disco & Boogie Hits 1978-1982
- Here comes a new member in the highly acclaimed Wamono series! 180g presents an exceptional collection of Disco and Boogie tunes released on the legendary Nippon Columbia label in the late seventies and early eighties. Are you ready? Put your dance shoes on, and enjoy!
- 180g heavy vinyl pressing, reverse board jacket
- Fully licensed Nippon Columbia masters
- Mastering and lacquer cut by Jukka Sarapää at Timmion Cutting Lab, Helsinki, Finland
- Signature artwork by Nker
In the mid-seventies, discotheques were booming in Tokyo and all over Japan. When the Fatback Band topped the 1975 US charts with their infectious “Do The Bus Stop” hit, Japanese label Victor put out the following year the first Japan made Disco tune with “Sexy Bus Stop”, released under the mysterious name Dr. Dragon & Oriental Express, a pseudonym for successful Japanese pop composer Kyohei Tsutsumi. “Sexy Bus Stop” became an instant hit in the country and, taking this opportunity, various Japanese record companies started releasing Disco music. From 1976 until the early 1980s the music was often recorded by skilled studio musicians, rather than by computer input, providing a really solid sound to the dancefloor. Disco music was also spreading into TV series, commercials and anime. From Godiego’s monster hit “The Birth Of The Odyssey - Monkey Magic” to Pink Parachute’s obscure (and excellent!) “Disco Great Tokyo” tune, this selection explores some of the finest Disco and Boogie music released on the legendary Nippon Columbia label in the late seventies and early eighties. Are you ready? Put your dance shoes on, and enjoy!
Godiego - The Birth Of The Odyssey - Monkey Magic
Ikue Sakakibara - This is Hot
Soul Media - I Will Give You Samba
Hatsumi Shibata - Purple Shadow
Yumi Murata - Krishna
Yoshito Machida・Godiego - Ame Wa Knife No Yō Sa
Pink Parachute - Disco Great Tokyo
Hatsumi Shibata - Hazumi De Daite (A Woman In A Man's World)