- 1. Pu Yai Lee (Chief Lee) – Louis Kennedy
- 2. Luk Ron (Love Hot) – Meesak Nakaratch
- 3. Chee vit kon dum (Life Of A Black Person) – Chantana Kittiyapan
- 4. Kun Rod Fai, Pai Rod Bus, Kee Chang, Kant Tent (Get On Train, Go With Bus, Elephant Ride, Put Up Tent) – The Hot Pepper
- 5. Ka ma kon deay (I Come Alone) - Ongart Jeerapan
- 6. Sam bai (Jolly) – Plearn Promdan
- 7. Yang Hai Mun Kong (Don't Let Them Cheat) - Royal Sprite
- 8. Kod Hang Kam (The Circle Of Karma) - Kana TNT
- 9. 5,000 Nut (5,000 Shots) – Panadda Chayapark
- 10. Chown Thur Ten Rum (Ask You For A Dance) – Pranee Thanasri
- 11. Rus Pu Tin – Panadda Chayapark
- 12. Disco Tour – Nakplang Krumklowna
- 13. Arai Arai kor Disco (Everything Is Disco) – Champoo
- 14. Sheng Ra Bert (Bored Explosion) – Buppa Saichol
- 15. Khown Tai Doey Loak Puin (You Should Die By Bullets) – Chairai Chaiyata / Sawanee Pattana
- 16. Sa ra wan – Chantana Kittiyapan
- 17. Nam man pang (Expensive Gasoline Again) – Sroeng Santi
- 18. Do It (Till Your Satisfied) – The Impossible
Thai Funk Volume 1
Out of Stock Formats:
- 2xLP $20 WISH
** NOTE: Thai Funk Vol. 1 is down to the last 100 copies, which will not include the “hand sticked bags”
Over two years ago, Bangkok crate digger Maft Sai from ZudRangMa Records Thailand complied the now legendary Thai Funk: ZudRangMa Vol. 1 CD, showcasing 18 forgotten Thai pop, garage rock, funk, and disco tracks by a cross-section of local 1960s-70s artists unknown outside of Southeast Asia. The limited set came housed in a stunning hand-stitched soft cloth sleeve and was culled and created from the used record bins and bustling street markets of the region. Distributed worldwide by Light In The Attic Records, our dreams of seeing this archival project reissued on loud and proud vinyl has finally come to fruition.
For those who missed the first edition or prefer their music (as we do) on black wax, Thai Funk Volume 1 is now available as a stunning double LP package (LITA 076). Housed in a deluxe gatefold “tip-on” old-school jacket with a plethora of vintage album art, lovingly remastered audio, and to top it off, the beautiful Thai print hand-stitched cloth outer sleeve (w/ four color/pattern variations) that the original CD was famous for, we are honored to help spread this important cultural message. Easily our most ornate and eloquent packaging yet, it’s the eclectic and always captivating music that really shines.
Despite the foreign track names and indigenous delivery, Thai Funk Volume 1 occasionally echoes the familiar motifs of Western pop, rock, and soul acts like Pink Floyd on Kana TNT’s “Kod Hang Kam,” B.T. Express on The Impossible’s take of “Do It (Till You’re Satisfied”) and James Brown on Meesak Nakaratch’s “Luk Ron.” Combined with original material filled with ample fuzz guitar, burning organ, funky drumming, and passionate vocals, dropping the needle on Thai Funk Volume 1 opens a musical door that very few in the western world have dared explore. Picture yourself at a seedy Bangkok discotheque in 1979 with your best friends and prepare to party the night away.
- Limited vinyl edition of the ZudRangMa Records anthology
- Double LP housed in a deluxe “tip-on” Stoughton jacket
- Meticulously restored and remastered audio
- Features original album art and introduction by Maft Sai
- Download card for full album plus three bonus tracks!