- 1. Long Journey
- 2. Portland Water
- 3. So You Say Listen
- 4. Reconciled To The Blues
- 5. You Got To Find Me
- 6. The 8-Ball Cafe
- 7. Polynesia Listen
- 8. Monkey On The Interstate
- 9. Whiskey Willey
- 10. Panama Hat
- 11. Why Should I Have To Worry?
- 12. The Vt.-Ore. Floor
- 13. Hog Of The Forsaken
- 14. In The Garden
Out of Stock Formats:
- LP $15 WISH
- Original Release Date: January 01, 1976
Tracing the lineage and citing the fore-bearers of the New Weird America, one can’t help but mention the music of bizarre folk singer/guitarist/artist Michael Hurley. If you haven’t been following his career since the 1970’s (when he was collaborating with the likes of the Holy Modal Rounders and Jesse Colin Young) then you probably discovered him in the past couple of years via Devendra Banhart’s & Andy Cabic’s label Gnomonsong, who have released Hurley’s recent recordings.
This 1976 LP Long Journey showcases Hurley’s often overlooked talent. On this classic LP, Hurley mines the roots of American music, delivering warm and heartfelt original songs with an earthy twang. Members of the Holy Modal Rounders lend a hand; Peter Stampfel *sings and plays banjo and fiddle while *Dave Reisch plays bass and sings as well.
- First ever reissue on vinyl for this legendary 1977 recording
- features Peter Stampfel of the Holy Modal Rounders
- Freshly re-mastered, this LP sounds better than the CD which was mastered two decades ago
- 180 gram LP housed in Stoughton tip-on old school type jacket including faithfully reproduced original artwork by Michael Hurley