- 1. Me and Bobby McGee
- 2. Please Don't Tell Me How The Story Ends
- 3. Smile At Me Again
- 4. The Lady's Not For Sale
- 5. Border Lord
- 6. Just The Other Side Of Nowhere
- 7. Come Sundown
- 8. Slow Down
- 9. If You Don't Like Hank Williams
- 10. Little Girl Lost
- 11. Duvalier's Dream
- 12. When I Loved Her
- 13. Billy Dee
- 14. Epitaph (Black and Blue)
- 15. Enough For You
- 16. Getting By, High, and Strange
Please Don't Tell Me How The Story Ends: The Publishing Demos 1968-72
Out of Stock Formats:
- CD $13 WISH
• Previously unreleased material.
• Project undertaken with full approval of Kris Kristofferson.
• 60-page full-color CD booklet featuring interviews with Kristofferson and the musicians that were present at the sessions, testimonials from Dennis Hopper and Merle Haggard, full lyrics with notes from Kristofferson, rare photos and hand-written lyric sheets.
• Liner notes written by Michael Simmons (MOJO, LA Weekly, Huffington Post).
• Double-LP release is on 180-gram vinyl.
For the past five years, Light In The Attic has embarked on a dream project – working with the blessing of the legendary Kris Kristofferson to compile a selection of his demos from the late 1960s and early ‘70s. For our 50th release, we are proud to present this 16-song collection, an amazing snapshot of the formative years of one of the giants of contemporary American music. The recordings found on this compilation of previously unreleased material include early versions of songs that would become standards of his impressive catalog. Included on this title are: “Me and Bobby McGee,” “Just The Other Side of Nowhere,” “Come Sundown” and “Please Don’t Tell Me How The Story Ends.” This release is an intimate portrait of an important artist at the beginning of a long, storied career.