- 1. Monk Time
- 2. Shut Up
- 3. Boys Are Boys and Girls Are Choice
- 4. Higgle-Dy - Piggle-Dy
- 5. I Hate You
- 6. Oh, How To Do Now
- 7. Complication
- 8. We Do Wie Du
- 9. Drunken Maria
- 10. Love Came Tumblin' Down
- 11. Blast Off!
- 12. That's My Girl
- 13. I Can't Get Over You (Bonus Track)
- 16. He Went Down To the Sea (Bonus Track)
- 17. Pretty Suzanne (Unreleased Bonus Track)
- 18. Monk Chant (Live Bonus Track)
Black Monk Time
Out of Stock Formats:
“Their melodies were pop destructive and must be played to your younger brother”
- Jack White, The White Stripes
“The Monks will always be a great band”
- Colin Greenwood, Radiohead
“Monastic Madness – Hard Driving Garage Rock!”
- Krist Novoselic, Nirvana
“This is a damned enjoyable slightly kinky 60’s garage record”
- Iggy Pop
The Monks were five beat playing American GIs stationed in Germany who, after their discharge, decided to stay and continue their musical mission. Meeting up with a team of local managers, they transformed themselves and their sound into a holy racket like the world had never known. This five-person order literally birthed the above genres through a fuzz-drenched evolution of sound, bursting with social commentary and future primitive rhythms.
Light In The Attic is ecstatic to present the Monks recorded legacy through two lavishly packaged and lovingly researched reissues (available on CD, LP, and digital download): The Early Years 1964-1965 as well as their landmark studio album Black Monk Time. Numerous period photographs (many unseen) and an extensive two-part essay by Canadian music journalist Kevin Howes (Jamaica-Toronto series) accompany both releases and tell the Monks story like it has never been told. Bonus material dating back to pre-Monks Torquays and up to post Black Monk Time 45s are also included.
- 36-pg deluxe booklet feat. in-depth notes, interviews with band, lyrics, and trove of unseen photos.
- Select CDs include limited edition Monks Trading Card (collect all 9 cards!) (NOW OUT OF PRINT)
- Limited Edition Double Vinyl LP features 180 gram wax, gatefold old school tip-on jacket, band poster, lyrics, and notes. (Poster in first pressing only, NOW OUT OF PRINT)