George A. Romero's Knightriders
- The Complete Donald Rubinstein Score available for the first time on vinyl
- 2LP Set on 180 Gram vinyl with Gatefold Packaging with Program of Events insert
- Features the Original Theatrical Artwork by Boris Vallejo and Expansive New Artwork by Ghoulish Gary Pullin
- Exclusive New Liner Notes by Composer Donald Rubinstein
- Remastered for Vinyl from the Original Master Tapes
Scare Flair Records is humbled to be releasing Donald Rubinstein’s complete Original Motion Picture Score for George A. Romero’s cult fan favorite film – 1981’s KNIGHTRIDERS for the first time on vinyl!
Knightriders, a deeply personal film for George A. Romero, was made after Dawn of the Dead, and before Creepshow. Starring Ed Harris and Tom Savini, Knightriders follows the exploits of a renaissance troupe that stages jousting shows using motorcycles instead of horses, while try to keep faithful to their ideals during brushes with fame, local law enforcement, the modern world, and each other.
One of the most talked about aspects of the film is the score by Donald Rubinstein (Martin). Using every musical weapon at his disposal, Rubinstein wrote a musical masterpiece firing on all cylinders with a pure renaissance flair setting you right into the grandstand with Stephen King. From soaring trumpets, 70’s jazz fusion, quiet strummed guitars with sweet lyrics, and the occasional full orchestral bombast – the score enhances this film in every way that a good score should – while adding layers of emotion to it that only music can do.
The deluxe packaging for Knightriders includes the original one-sheet theatrical poster by Boris Vallejo on the front cover art, brand-new art by Ghoulish Gary Pullin sprinkled throughout, and brand new exclusive liner notes from Donald Rubinstein about the making of the score.