Yellow Magic Orchestra
- YMO 40th Anniversary Reissue
- Remastered by Bob Ludwig
- Vinyl cutting by Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Pressed on 2 LPs at 45 rpm
- Collector’s Vinyl Edition Box Set includes deluxe booklet with new liner notes, interviews, previously unseen photos, plus replica track sheets and studio ephemera
- Limited edition import Japanese press
After the release of Technodelic in 1981 YMO took a year-long break, with each member pursuing their own interests, including writing and producing for other artists. Their return from hiatus coincided the release of the single “Kimi Ni Mune Kyun” in 1983, used as part of a marketing tie-up with a brand of make up. In a marked turn away from the more experimental previous albums, Naughty Boys is highlighted by a guest appearance from Bill Nelson (Be Bop Deluxe) and masterfully crafted pop songs sung in Japanese, which helped propel the album to the top of the Oricon album charts. The remixed Naughty Boys Instrumental was released two months later with an alternate track order and additional instrumentation.