Yellow Magic Orchestra
Technodelic (Collector’s Vinyl Edition)
- YMO 40th Anniversary Reissue
- Remastered by Bob Ludwig
- Vinyl cutting by Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Pressed on 2 LPs at 45 rpm
- Collector’s Vinyl Edition Box Set includes deluxe booklet with new liner notes, interviews, previously unseen photos, plus replica track sheets and studio ephemera
- Limited edition import Japanese press
Some of Yellow Magic Orchestra’s most forward-thinking music can be heard on Technodelic, released in 1981 only a few months after their masterwork BGM. Hosono, Sakamoto and Takahashi utilized the custom-made LMD-649 PCM digital sampler to create what is considered one of the first true sampler-based albums in history. Incorporating minimal and ethno elements to their signature mix of techno pop, electro and dub, Technodelic stands alongside BGM as their most fully realized album in their discography.
Collector’s Vinyl Edition box set includes the album pressed on 2 LPs at 45 rpm, replica track sheets and studio ephemera, and a deluxe booklet with newly written liner notes and interviews.