• First time this genre-crossing contemporary classic is available on vinyl
• Includes never before seen photos from the session
• Mastered for vinyl by Greg Calbi at Sterling Sound
• Pressed on 180g vinyl at Record Industry in the Netherlands and comes in a deluxe gatefold tip-on Stoughton sleeve
• This is Run Out Groove’s second Cornerstones title available for pre-order and is limited to 3000 copies worldwide
Bill Frisell is an American guitarist, composer and arranger that grew up in the Denver area. He studied guitar with Johnny Smith at Northern Colorado University and then with Jim Hall and Jon Damian at the Berklee College of Music. Frisell’s first major break came when guitarist Pat Metheny had to miss a recording session and recommended Bill to Paul Motian who was recording Psalm for ECM Records in 1982. Frisell eventually became ECM’s in-house guitar player. His first solo release was In Line on ECM in 1983. Soon after, he moved to New York and forged a partnership with John Zorn and his band Naked City. He also became known for his work with Paul Motian’s trio, along with saxophonist Joe Lovano. In 1988, Bill moved to Seattle, where he has been ever since.