- Reissued for the first time on LP direct from the master tapes!
- Features guest appearances from members of The Byrds and other ‘60s/’70s west coast pop alumni!
- Limited Edition (500) gatefold LP – 200 (randomly inserted) Sky Blue, 200 (randomly inserted) Vanilla Ice Cream White, 100 standard black vinyl.
- Exclusive liner notes by Alvin Lucia and unpublished original photos!
- Exclusive RSD 2017 LP release. No repress!
Available: April 22nd, 2017
Firebrand, songstress and wise soul, Malvina Reynolds lived a full life of activism and music. Best known as a performer on TV’s legendary ‘Sesame Street’ and as a songwriter for icons Harry Belafonte (Turn Around), Pete Seeger (Little Boxes) and The Seekers (Morningtown Ride) Malvina cut a slew of fine but obscure recordings from 1960 until her death in 1977.
Reynolds wrote with a playful social conscience and a biting, satirical wit: slyly railing against conformity and urging care for the natural world. Nestled within her underexposed discography are many timeless and mischievous songs that appeal to both young and old alike. Less known are three rare Malvina LPs originally recorded exclusively for children. This unique anthology has been prepared in collaboration with the Reynolds estate and reissues a wealth of these charming children’s songs, many for the very first time.