- Stand-out Jazz fusion classic from 1974
- All-star line up that includes members of Miles Davis band, Nina Simone band & Jaco Pastorius Big Band
- Out of print on vinyl since 1974
- Now back available as a deluxe limited vinyl edition for the first time since 1974
- Officially licensed from PM Records
- Featuring the original design by Jazz artist Anne Maria Schnider
- Released exclusively for RSD Black Friday 2016
- Only available in participating record stores
Tidal Waves Music proudly presents the re-issue for Steve Grossman’s Some Shapes To Come. Reissue of this long out of print 1974 Jazz Fusion classic by Steve Grossman (best known for his saxophone performances & recordings with Miles Davis).
Some Shapes to Come is an album you can stand up against almost any of the jazz fusion standouts of the ’70s. Grossman teams up with bassist Gene Perla (Nina Simone) & percussionist Don Alias (Jaco Pastorius Big Band) (the three would later comprise the Stone Alliance power trio) and keyboardist Jan Hammer for seven tracks of Afro-Cuban tinged gutter funk and seething jazz.
It’s the funk, baby. Everything grooves and bounces. There are no lowlights on this album, no soft moments. Often overlooked, it is one of the ’70s most unheralded jazz gems.