• AMC’s hit series BREAKING BAD is among the most watched cable programs on American television.
• Original score includes highlights from seasons 1-5, handpicked by composer Dave Porter to correspond to the most pivotal moments in the show.
• BREAKING BAD has won ten Primetime Emmy® to date and was named 13th best-written TV series of all time by the Writers Guild of America.
• Show has received nearly 6 Million Facebook likes and over 700,000 followers on Twitter.
• Released on vinyl for the first time in a deluxe full color gatefold jacket with images from the show and extensive liner notes from composer Dave Porter, as well as from show creator & executive producer Vince Gilligan.
Breaking Bad is a tremendously successful American television drama created and produced by Vince Gilligan. It premiered on January 20, 2008 in the United States and Canada on cable network AMC and is a production of Sony Pictures Television. Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and is considered one of the greatest TV series of all time. Each season generated extremely positive word-of-mouth leading to a steady increase in popularity. This rapid growth was aided by the show’s availability for binge viewing on multiple platforms, most notably on Net? ix. Breaking Bad is now among the most-watched-cable series on American television with audience numbers having doubled
year over year.
The series has garnered ten Primetime Emmy® Award wins including 2013 winner for Outstanding Drama Series and a Peabody, and been named to the American Film Institute’s (AFI) list of the “Top 10 Programs of the Year” (2008, 2010, 2011, 2012). Three-time Emmy® winner for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, Bryan Cranston leads an unforgettable ensemble including 2010 and 2012 Emmy® winner for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series Aaron Paul, 2013 Emmy® winner for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series Anna Gunn, along with Dean Norris, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte and Bob Odenkirk. In addition to Vince Gilligan, the series is executive produced by Oscar® winner Mark Johnson and Michelle MacLaren, and co-executive produced by Melissa Bernstein, Sam Catlin, Peter Gould, Thomas Schnauz, George Mastras and Moira Walley-Beckett.
Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White, a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife and teenage son who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family’s financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White’s releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.