- 1. <i>Circles</i> - Geist and the Sacred Ensemble
- 2. <i>Astro Fields</i> - Plankton Wat
- 3. <i>Shasta</i> - Tiny Light
- 4. <i>Oblong Trance</i> - Diminished Men
- 5. <i>Gotta Make Your Hands Work</i> - To Get Her Together
- 6. <i>Clock</i> - AFCGT
- 7. <i>Child of God</i> - Midday Veil
- 8. <i>Beast</i> - Brother Raven
- 9. <i>Chrome Forest</i> - Eternal Tapestry
- 10. <i>I am not invincible</i> - Prince Rama
- 11. <i>BAN A CHU</i> - Master Musicians Of Bukkake
- 12. <i>Mudra</i> - Janina Angel Bath
- 13. <i>The Lamb</i> - Blood Red Dancers
- 14. <i>Soul On Fire</i> - This Blinding Light
- 15. <i>Thorns</i> - Night Beats
- 16. <i>Burn It Down</i> - Purple Rhinestone Eagle
- 17. <i>_/\_ (revised)</i> - A Story Of Rats
- 18. <i>Whatever Happened to Madeleine Stowe</i> - Kinski
PORTABLE SHRINES MAGIC SOUND THEATRE VOL. I
Out of Stock Formats:
- Original Release Date: April 16, 2011
In early 2009, tired of being virtually the only two people in attendance at some of the most exciting rock shows to come through town, Seattle music fans Aubrey Nehring and Darlene Nordyke founded the Portable Shrines Collective, a DIY organization devoted to the promotion of psychedelic, garage, and experimental music. In addition to assembling local bills for nationally touring bands and providing custom projections and poster art, Portable Shrines currently hosts a bi-weekly DJ night, publishes a blog, and produces Escalator Fest, an annual multimedia happening bringing together bands, psych DJs, video artists, and enthusiastic crowds.
The collective’s first compilation—the first ever Seattle-based comp of its kind—Portable Shrines Magic Sound Theatre Vol. I is an exquisitely curated treasure trove of rare or exclusive tracks from eighteen of the most lucid acts currently working in the Pacific Northwest and beyond. The compilation features heavy hitters AFCGT and Kinski (Sub Pop), Eternal Tapestry (Thrill Jockey, Not Not Fun), Prince Rama (Paw Tracks), Master Musicians of Bukkake (Important Records) and Diminished Men (Abduction), as well as tracks by a host of up-and-coming Northwest psych acts including Night Beats, Purple Rhinestone Eagle, Midday Veil, This Blinding Light and Brother Raven, all of whom have performed at Escalator Fest or another Shrines-curated event.
Mastered by Mell Dettmer at Seattle’s Aleph Studios and pressed on virgin audiophile vinyl, Portable Shrines Magic Sound Theatre Vol. I is being issued in a limited vinyl-only run of 1000 pieces in gorgeous gatefold packaging featuring original artwork by collective members Aubrey Nehring, Emily Pothast and Steve Quenell.